How to Immigrate to Canada from Trinidad and Tobago

The Canadian economy has similar engines to Trinidad and Tobago, but on a larger scale. The two countries share similar natural resources in oil and gas, as well as in the agricultural industry. This is why the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRCC) is very interested in the nation’s skilled workers to engage in these sectors within our own economy and help them grow. There are several ways to immigrate to Canada from Trinidad and Tobago, which we will briefly review, as well as some of the professions in demand in Canada. The transfer of skills is a key factor in the success of a candidate’s immigration application. Therefore, making sure you know your options and choose the right province to live and work will have a major impact on your immigration goals.

The IRCC recently announced that the new immigration targets aim to welcome over 1.2 million immigrants to Canada over the next three years. Therefore, if you are eligible and wish to immigrate to Canada, now is the time to start your application.

Canada Immigration Options From Trinidad & Tobago

With over 100 different visa and immigration programs available for Canada, it is essential that you know your options and apply for a program that will give you the best chance of securing an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the country. permanent residence. There are programs tailored when you know where you want to live, to get permanent residence even before moving to Canada, to study in Canada to get permanent residence and much more. These are some of the most popular programs and why.

Express Entry System

Canada’s main economic migration program is the Express Entry system. Divided into three programs based on their skills and experience, the system works with applicants who create profiles online and enter their relevant information such as work experience, qualifications, language skills, etc. If you qualify for one of the programs, your information will be used to calculate a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and you will be placed in the pool of applicants for that particular program. Lucky draws are held twice a month and applicants with the highest CRS scores are invited to apply for permanent residence. Maximizing your CRS score is the key to Receiving and ITA, and our professional consultants know how to do it.

While you may not need a job offer in Canada to get an ITA through Express Entry, your chances will be greatly improved if you can get a job offer. The three programs or pools are:Advertisements

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program – for applicants with at least one years’ experience in managerial and professional roles such as lawyers, accountants, and engineers.
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program – for qualified trades workers with at least two years of experience in their profession. You will also require a job offer OR certification from a provincial Canadian regulatory body to be eligible for this program.
  • Canada Experience Class – If you have at least one year of experience working in Canada in one of the categories above, you are eligible for this preferred program.

Provincial Nominee Program

Each Canadian province, in addition to Quebec and Nunavut, has its own Provincial Nomination Program (PNP). The programs are administered by the provincial governments and the streams are used to meet the unique workforce needs of the province. Most provinces have dedicated streams for skilled foreign workers, semi-skilled foreign workers, international graduates, and specific requirements such as healthcare and IT professionals. If you know which province you would like to live and work in, it would be wise to research the particular immigration streams available so that you can apply for a provincial appointment and become a permanent resident of Canada as soon as possible.

It’s also worth knowing that if you can get a provincial nomination, it pretty much secures your application for permanent residence through the Express Entry system, as a provincial nomination is worth 600 points out of the total 1,200 available in the CRS. You can create an expression of interest in a particular province when creating your Express Entry profile, and if they are interested in having you, they will support your request.

Immigration Pilot Programs

The IRCC, in collaboration with provincial and municipal governments, has created a series of “pilot” immigration programs to meet the work demands of certain regions of Canada. Each pilot program has a different set of requirements, but they all boil down to the same. Rural Canada seeks to share the economic benefits of migration, which is why they help temporary foreign workers obtain permanent residence and become Canadians if they so choose. Pilot programs include:

  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot – graduate from a university or secure a job offer in New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Prince Edward Island, or Nova Scotia and you could be eligible for permanent residency;
  • Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot – 11 towns and small cities across Canada are helping foreigners with job offers in their communities obtain permanent residency;
  • AgriFood Immigration Pilot – permanent residency is up for grabs for foreign workers in the agricultural industry, including supervisors, laborers, harvesters, food processing workers, and butchers; and
  • Care Provider Pilots – the old caregiver program was separated into two separate pilots, home care provider and child care provider. Foreign workers are also granted open work permits now, and after they have two years of work experience in Canada, become eligible for permanent residency.

Study in Canada

Numerous immigration programs make provision for international students from Canadian institutions to become permanent residents after they graduate. The process is fairly simple and goes as follows:

  • Get accepted to a designated learning institution
  • Obtain your student visa and study permit
  • After graduation, apply for your Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) and permanent residency through the program applicable to where you studied, either one of the PNP streams or perhaps the Atlantic Immigration Pilot
  • Live and work in Canada as a permanent resident, and after three years become a citizen!

Search terms:

  • testingd6JZUdBP\)) OR 531=(SELECT 531 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))--
  • testingf2m0S25h\ OR 660=(SELECT 660 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))--
  • testingjcO46j5k\; waitfor delay \0:0:15\ --
  • testingP4aaOTXg\) OR 853=(SELECT 853 FROM PG_SLEEP(15))--

Leave a Reply

Discover more from MyFinder

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading